Got a sweet tooth but don’t want to bombard your system with empty calories?
With tons of protein, healthy fats, and limited sugar, these white bean blondies are packed with good-for-you ingredients, super versatile, and always delicious.
Here’s the recipe I used to make the batch pictured in this post:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine
- 1/2 cup pureed white beans (I used cannelini)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
Pour into a greased 9 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
Here are some variations you can try:
- Double the shredded coconut and decrease the flour to 1/2 a cup.
- Replace eggs with 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds soaked in 2 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes
- Replace sprouted spelt flour with whole wheat flour OR 1/2 cup of whole oats and 1/2 a cup of oats ground in the food processor.
- Replace honey with chopped dates
- Replace chocolate chips with cacao nibs, slivered semi-sweet chocolate chunks, and/or white chocolate chips
- Add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Increase the maca powder to 2 or 3 tablespoons
- Replace walnuts with macadamia nuts and/or cashews
- Add a tablespoon or two of dried cherries
Now I’d love to hear from you.
Do you have other ideas for variations on this recipe? Let me know, I’d love to give them a try!
‘Til next time,
Love, hugs, and coconuts,