Are you looking for a delicious, easy, healthy, gluten and dairy-free delight? This recipe makes 2 batches of about 8 cookies, 8 for now, 8 for later.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine in a large mixing bowl:
- 1/2 a cup of almond meal (best if almonds are soaked overnight, then dehydrated, and then ground in a blender, but store-bought almond meal is just fine if you don’t have a dehydrator or the time.)
- 1/2 a cup of Bob’s Redmill gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons arrow root starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of date sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (or just use one cup of date or coconut sugar)
- 3 pinches of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 egg
I like to mix it all up with my hands, but you can use a spoon if you prefer. Mix the ingredients until even. Add 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate bar, broken into little pieces and mix into the dough until evenly distributed. Roll the dough into eight 1-inch balls and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake cookies for 4 minutes, rotate the pan, and check on them again in 3 minutes. Wrap the rest of the dough and put it in the freezer for the next time you have a cookie craving.