I’m so glad you’ve found your way over here, because we don’t have a moment to lose.
You, my friend, are meant for big things in this life, and I mean B-I-G.
Whether it’s helping, inspiring, or taking care of others, you’re trying your best to do your best every. single. day.
So why do you feel like you’re constantly falling short of your potential?
Do you think you have to be more confident, healthy, and put together before you can muster up the chutzpah to go out and do all the things you are meant to do, do them well, and, dare I say it, actually enjoy yourself along the way?
“Without taking care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone else.”
(Totally tweetable, no? Click here to tweet!)
Ladybug, I know these feelings have been dragging you down for a long time.
I know you’ve been desperately trying to figure out the whole work-life-health-happiness balancing act, and you’re starting to feel like mastering that tight-rope might just not be in the stars for you.
You’ve tried all the diets and all the workouts, and still, no matter what you do, you never feel quite at home in your own skin.
You’ve “fallen off the wagon” 962 times, but no matter how many times you find yourself scarfing down that tray of brownies at midnight, you’re still determined and convinced that you will “do better” next time.
You’re draining so much energy into your to-do list and all the people around you that you hardly have any time or energy left to take care of yourself.
Your list of “shoulds” is as long as circumference of the earth, and you carry guilt, shame, and self-criticism around with you as if they were golden tickets to a more-perfect life.
You know that you were put on this earth to delight in its wonders and make it a better place, but it’s hard to feel good and do good when you’re stuck in survival mode and unsure of a way out.
If you’re ready to stop obsessing about food, and workouts, and planners, and all the things the magazines keep saying you’re supposed to do, and want to start living your life in healthier, happier, and more impactful ways, then you have come to the right place.
My name is Katerina Pozzi Baratta, LAc, MSOM, and I help women love their bodies, so they can stop worrying about all the “shoulds” & start crafting their own version of the healthy, and impactful life that they want.
What does that mean?
It means that I want to help you feel so good in your body that you ride the ebbs and flows of life as well as a pro-surfer embraces the biggest waves.
I want to help you design and live your life on your terms, so you feel confident and joyful, and can let the best version of you shine in everything you do.
I believe that women who feel good, do good.
But if you feel chronically stressed, worried, overwhelmed, you-name-it, if you’re constantly at war against your body, if you just plain hurt, then you don’t have much left when it comes to the the inner resources you need to make the postitive impact you were meant to make in the world.
I am here to help you find the natural strategies that make you feel totally ahhh-mazing in your body, so you can get off the train to Shouldsville and start pouring buckets of goodness into your health, happiness & the world at large.
Here’s the thing.
Life is not static, and neither are you.
One of the reasons you’ve had such a hard time sticking to your health goals is that you’ve been fighting against nature, trying to do the wrong things at the wrong time.
You know how you shift your wardrobe when the weather changes?
Well, in order to stay healthy and balanced you’ve got to learn how to shift your diet, sleep schedule, social calander, and overall activity level depending on the seasons outside, and inside of your body, too.
And you have to do all of that with a keen awareness of your personal tendencies.
The one-size-fits-all approach to a healthy and happy life is fundamentally flawed.
Did you know that you have a totally unique constitution that nobody else has?
This means that the things that make your BFF feel like a million bucks might not work for you, and vice-versa.
We’ve all got our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to physical health, and we’re each blessed with a unique collection of quirks that make up our personlalities.
In order ot craft a healthy and impactful life, you’ve got to figure out the unique combination of strategies that make you shine.
The trick to living the life of your dreams is knowing how to swim amidst Life’s changing tides & make small shifts to suit your personal needs and wants.
Eeek! That sounds kind of complicated, doesn’t?
Well, it doesn’t have to be.
I can help you tap into what your body, mind, and spirit need so you can navigate life as though you had a built-in compass…because you kinda do, you just have to learn how to read it! ;P
If that sounds good, then let’s work together to craft your healthiest, most vibrant, and well-balanced life.
Here’s a little more about me:
- I’m a Chinese medicine practitioner, yoga instructor, writer, mama, earth lover, and the founder of Della Terra Wellness. I have more than a decade of training and study under my belt in psychology, medicinal herbalism, bodywork, craniosacral & visceral therapy, mind-body medicine, and nutrition.
- In addition to teaching and blogging about natural health and the art of crafting a healthy & beautiful life, I work with patients 1-on-1 in hands-on clinic sessions at the Canyon Medical Center, am available for coaching and yoga sessions via Skype or Facetime, and also have online courses available for enrollment a few times a year.
- I believe that in order to get anything done in life, you have to take care of yourself first. I strive to teach women how to nourish both their bodies and spirits so they can become the best versions of themselves, heal old wounds, do the work they were born to do, and make the world a better place.
- I have a passion for working with women who struggle with chronic stress, body-image issues, menstrual irregulaties, pregnancy, weight loss, and pain, and I’ve successfully worked with people of all ages and a variety of struggles throughout my career.
- My work has been featured in the Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, YOGANONYMOUS, The Busan International Women’s Association (BIWA) Magazine, and Herb Geek, and the Della Terra Wellness blog has been honored as one of the Top 50 Natural Medicine Websites by pipdoc.com, as well as being repeatedly been included in the Institute for Psychology of Eating’s Top 50 Health Blogs list.
- I’ve helped hundreds of people around the world feel better in their bodies, connect with their passions, heal old wounds, and craft their own personalized version of a healthy & beautiful life.
I’d be honored to help you too.
Aside from the business of wellness, my biggest job in life is raising my son Walden and supporting my husband Adam.
Adam is a nutritionist, professor, and organic farmer, (I couldn’t be prouder!)
In our free time you can find us collecting mushrooms in the forest, snuggling up with our two ginormous cats, Pace and Shanti (their names translate to “peace” in Latin and Sanskrit, which in hindsight is ironic, because they’re the LOUDEST cats on the face of the earth), painting, cooking, and visiting family in Europe.
Wanna know more? Then let’s get personal!
I’m addicted to podcasts and NPR’s weekend programming. Some of the shows I can’t live without are This American Life, On Being, The Lively Show, Hidden Brain, The TED Radio Hour, Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!, and The Splendid Table.
I’m a hard-core foodie (part of the reason I landed in Portland), and my favorites include crepes, zucchini, super-thin string-beans, noodles, soup, cucumbers, leafy greens, tacos, ice-cream, chocolate, berries, and heirloom tomatoes + basil + olive oil…and if tea and mimosas were foods then they’d be on this list too.
I *might* be addicted to doodling. I’ve filled up books and pages with sketches of random faces, plants, and mandalas, and never know where to put them when I’m done.